Thursday, July 17, 2008

they were crying....

my nephew is in the hospital for dengue .. he's been there for almost a week, but he's getting better, thank God :)

last sunday, while waiting for my brother-in-law at the lobby on our way home, my attention was caught by a woman wailing, "bakit anak ko pa?" obviously, something bad happened to her baby, the ever curious side of me wanted to know the real story behind it, but I can't stand looking at her that long, parang kahit na alam ko na she's in a public place, I would like to give her her privacy and let her grieve her grief ... and my heart felt sorry for her and it felt so heavy, for everytime I see somebody grieve for their loss (especially death of a loved one), I can feel for them , because I too have lost someone close to my heart ... though it has been more than 10 years since my dad died, there are still times when i long for his presence, coz my dad has a way of making life sooo easy -- for everybody.

my dad was my encyclopedia, my dictionary, my driver, my errand boy, name it! and not just for me, even for my older brothers and sisters .. kahit may mga asawa na sila, my dad was still their knight and shining armor, hehe ... and especially with my mom, kaya it was hard for my mom at first, kasi she's sort of dependent on him ... though syempre eventually she became okay, kasi we really did everything we can to 'amuse(?)' her, as in every week we would go out, basta my mom should never be left alone at home. we made her feel na she can depend on us .... my dad wasn't perfect, syempre, but his (selfless) efforts (more than) made up for his imperfections.

well, sabi nga ni mommy, we lost him pero we all learned a lot from the experience, it made everybody stronger and we all learned to stand on our own two feet. plus, it has made our family more in-tact, and we know in our hearts that we can count on each other anytime.

and then today, on our way home (again from the hospital), I saw another woman in tears ... and then i started wondering (again), what happened to her? was it her son? daughter? bakit kaya sya umiiyak? ...

oh well, life, sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down, pero at the end of the day, SYA lang ang may kasagutan ...

No comments: