Wednesday, June 4, 2008

last dec 2004, i was given a rare opportunity to be with the top philippine designers to assist them during the KLAFW, i was with mega magazine then. i was with rajo laurel, kat goulborn, mel vergel de dios (+), jun escario, puey quiƱones, jojie lloren, and the mega team kitty and adel. dinner at chinatown, and the fittings, somehow, i was got to know them personally, plus i had to assist them as we did the set up for their clothes at the mega booth, so it was one tough task with only me as their coordinator. yup had to coordinate with the malaysians who at times looked like chinese but, good thing they all speak english which made it easier for me to coordinate. rajo introduced us to dried foodies at chinatown, bought a few samples for us to taste and after dinner we all bought a few for pasalubong. puey, jun and mel were all constant companions at chinatown, and kitty was my companion as we went to other shops to buy shoes -- loads of pairs i would say -- good buys pa! and i guess, the person who touched me the most among all the designers was mel (+), he was like a 'nanay' to all of us, ready to assist anytime, even willing to help me with my load, i will never forget you mel, and though it was for a short period of time, you have touched my heart and you will always be remembered ...

No comments: