Friday, June 6, 2008

friday is our market day ... yup! started about a month ago, since the doc advised my mom not to go to the market alone, since anytime she might faint, due to her heart ailment, so I am my mom's alalay. i hate the smell of the wet market, especially whenever i reach the fish, chicken area ... the smell sucks! oh well ... a few things i learned through the course of my travel at the market:

1. that the price of goods are different on saturdays and sundays, which i kept on arguing with my mom ... several times, i have asked her that we go saturdays, she'd tell me "naku mas mahal ang bilihin pag sabado?" and i'd tell her "ma, suki nyo na yun, lam nya na na lam nyo prices, so pwede pa ba taasan yun?" ... and then a couple of saturdays ago, while my mom's suki was offering her to buy talakitok "mommy (that's what the suki's call my mom), P160 lang yan, bukas P200 na yan per kilo" ... nyaaak!!!! was all i could tell myself .. totoo nga!

2. i would often wonder why my mom prefers to buy her goods from certain individuals ONLY! as in pag wala yun suki na yun she'd rather not buy. like the case of tilapia, my mom has a super favorite suki si ten (tomboy na matanda), she sells live tilapia -- na tipong asa banyera pa, at humihinga, tumatalon pa sila -- so this morning, ten was not around so my mom opted to buy her tilapia from one of her sukis ... when we got home, syempre, ako din po ang naghuhugas uli ng fish, my mom saw the tilapia i was cleaning up (wait, napalinis na yun mga fish, banlaw nalang sa house kasi sabi ni mommy malansa daw pag di ni-rinse yun), my mom was surprised kasi may mga dugo pa yun fish, so sabi nya uli "hay naku! kaya mas gusto ko kay ten bumibili eh, kasi pag naglinis yun, linis bahay, di tulad nito". geez!!! ganun pala yun ... and i realized, totoo nga, kasi the past weeks we bought tilapia from ten, i did not have to remove anything, just have to rinse it, tapos this morning, the fish was not that clean nga ... ang galeng!


yun lang, actually, i have another experience pa sa tilapia, pero next time nalang, mas maganda pag may video, i'll try to bring my phone and record the actual video ...

and kanina, i left home, went around the market and went back home .. BALIKTAD PALA T-SHIRT KO!!! demet!

No comments: